Monday, February 05, 2007

When Necessity Strikes

I don’t love to shop.

Unlike other girls, I am not obsessed with shoes, clothes, make up, nor any of those girly-girly stuff. I do have a lot of bags though (90% of which are gifts). I am too thrifty when it comes to those spending stuff. My money usually gets spent with travel. Hmm, let me correct myself, I am not thrifty but the better term would be I am a ”wise-spender.” :)

In fact, I only go to the mall when I have something to buy. For example, last year I wanted to buy a comb. I have something specific in mind, so after going through 4 different malls, I still haven’t bought anything! My sister took pity at me and gave me her comb instead. That’s what I still use until now. Hehehe. Well, that is just a comb… imagine me looking for a pair of shoes or pants (1.25 years and counting but still haven’t found any that would fit my requirements)!

Going home disappointed and empty handed from a mall is such a common feeling for me. Sob sob.

Now, I have come to a point when I needed to shop so badly. Not for the fun of shopping, but for mere necessity! I have no more office pants to wear, my blouses are now ill-fitting, my shoes are about to give up, I am going to the beach next week and my bathing suits are all bacon-y (if you know what I mean hahaha).

So when necessity strikes, in 3 hours, I was able to buy the following:

1 tankini set
1 office pants
3 office blouses
3 tank tops
2 tube tops
1 beach dress
Sunglasses
A lot of toiletries
Ipod super mini-speakers

The whole shopping mall was on sale, everything was discounted by at least 10%. It was a really weird feeling to shop in a very very very crowded mall and yet all the sales clerks that helped me out were so happily accommodating.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:
And soon the credit card billl shall arrive. Good luck to me! :P

1 comments:

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

uyyy, reding-redi na sya for Bohol. Yiheee :D Suntan lotion domporget!

 

©2009 Am No Writer | by TNB