Thursday, February 11, 2010

Donate Your Hair!


I have been keeping my hair long for probably more than 7 years already. I've been wanting a new look but was not bold enough to make drastic decisions. So for the past months, while planning for the wedding, I was also planning to change my look after it. I heard about hair donations from TV (ahem, Jolina Magdangal) but didn't know where or how to donate. Then I googled about it and found LOCKS OF LOVE. I read through the page and I was very surprised it was that easy!

You just need to follow the instructions on how you should tie your hair first before cutting at least 10 inches off of it. Then mail it.

I had my hair cut in Manila and unfortunately, the hairdressers there weren't aware of such donations. I had to instruct them how to tie my hair and how to cut it. A girlscout that I am, I even bought a piece of paper to guide them as to how long they should cut it.

Going out of the salon, I felt really light, literally and figuratively. I was already imagining how many wigs they can do with my long, straight, black, silky hair. Hahaha! It takes getting used to this hair. My husband sometimes stares at me, he says I look exactly the same as in High School. Hahaha!



For those who are planning on changing their look, this would be the best way! And probably your best excuse! :)

For those who would like to donate, try to take care of your hair now. You don't want to donate unhealthy hair, do you? It feels really great to do something good, and for so little effort too. If only I can donate more often. I won't mind. :P

0 comments:

 

©2009 Am No Writer | by TNB